The person who takes or agrees to take the package (the principal contractor), or any person on whose behalf the principal contractor agrees to purchase the package (the other contractor).
The tour booking form filled-in by the customer and sent to Odyssey Tours by e-mail, fax or mail is the document that contains all personal and tour details, in order the customer to book a tour or request a custom tour.
A booking form is not a contract and does not guarantee a place in our tour.
Filling-in and sending the booking form does not requires the customer to pay any deposit / fees.
After receiving the booking form, Odyssey Tours will issue and send the customer a contract, including all details like terms and conditions, services, cost of the tour, payment plan, cancellation and other policies, etc.
This contract has to be printed, signed and sent by the customer to Odyssey Tours. Without this document Odyssey Tours will not accept your participation to a tour. Acceptance of booking can be confirmed over the phone but will not be valid until the signed contract has been received from Odyssey Tours.
Release and Waiver
All participants of a tour that is operated by Odyssey Tours are required to sign the Release and Waiver form prior the tour starts. No participant will be accepted in the tour without a signed Release and Waiver form.
As a tour operator Odyssey Tours is responsible for:
- Careful preparation of the tour
- Careful selection and supervision of the organizations providing the services (e.g. transport companies, hotels, etc.)
- Accurate description of all travel services indicated in this catalogue/web site unless, an amendment to the details in the catalogue/web site was issued prior to the contract closing.
- Proper provision of travel services as contractually agreed.
However, Odyssey Tours shall not be liable for details in brochures/web site relating to hotels, locations or ships as it has no influence on the production of said catalogues and is unable to ascertain the accuracy of the facts contained therein.
It is agreed by the customer that the Odyssey Tours and its employees are not responsible nor guardians of any customers safety and cannot be hold liable in any way for any occurrence with the operation or the customer’s participation in the tour, which might result an injury, damage or death to the customer, her/his property, her/his family, heirs or assigns. Odyssey Tours is not responsible for any accident occurring during its tours.
Information on Documents
Each customer has to make sure that s/he carries during the entire trip her/his passport and visa (if required) to travel in Europe (EEC).
An International Driving License is required for non E.U.-citizens.
As there are no specific diseases in the country the tours runs no specific vaccination is required. The customer is responsible for complying with above regulations and all consequences resulting from non-compliance to European rules.
Reservation, Deposit and payment
a) To book a scheduled tour:
- A Deposit of 200 Euros (Two Hundred Euros) per person to secure the customer’s place on the tour has to be made latest 60 (sixty) days prior to tour departure.
- The 50% of the total cost has to be paid 45 (forty five) days prior to tour start.
- The balance has to be paid 30 (thirty) days prior to tour departure.
If the total balance is not received in the 30 days delay as expressed by Odyssey Tours, it is Odyssey Tours’ right to treat this reservation as cancelled and charge the cancellation fee (see below).
For any booking made between 60 (sixty) and 30 (thirty) days prior to tour departure, 50% of tour cost has to be paid and deposit.
For any booking made less than 30 (thirty) days prior to tour departure, the full cost of the tour has to be paid.
b) For custom made tours (personal or group):
- A custom tour request has to be made at least 30 (thirty) days prior to tour start.
- A non-refundable handling fee of 200 euros per person has to be paid with the tour request.
- The 50% of the tour cost has to be paid at least 45 (forty five ) days prior to tour start
- The full cost of the tour has to be paid at least 30 (thirty) days prior to tour start.
The prices laid below on the web site, brochures or in the contract are set based on variable factors at the moment of booking. If the cost in factors such as, but not limited only to that, motorcycles’ rental cost, insurance, hotels, meals and others state a change in tour’s price then Odyssey Tours may revise upward or downward prices.
Odyssey Tours may have, due to unforeseen situations, to change:
- Overnight cities
- Monument visit and rest stops
- Any other arrangement
In those cases Odyssey Tours will not be hold responsible and thus will not assume responsibility or liability for any resulting losses, expenses or inconvenience.
Cancellation by the customer
Where the consumer is prevented from proceeding with the package, he may transfer his booking, having first given the Odyssey Tours a reasonable notice 30 (thirty) days of his intention before departure, to a person who satisfies all conditions applicable to the package.
The transferor of the package and the transferee shall be jointly and severally liable to the Odyssey Tours to the contract for payment of the balance due and for any additional costs arising from such transfer.
In case that the customer not transfers her/his booking then a cancellation fee will be applied as listed below:
Cancellations up to 60 days before departure EUR 200 cancellation fee per person
Cancellations 59-30 days before departure 30% of tour cost as cancellation fee
Cancellations less than 30 days before departure 100% of tour as cancellation fee
Odyssey Tours cannot accept any exception to this policy for any reason.
As defined in the “Insurance” Section Odyssey Tours strongly recommends customers to contract trip cancellation insurance.
Odyssey is not required to make any refund once the tour has started regardless of the reason the customer is unable to complete the tour.
It is accepted by Odyssey Tours that a consumer changes her/his mind and re-books a tour (date changes or tour change), not less than 60 days prior to tour departure.
Cancellations by Odyssey Tours
Odyssey Tours will make every effort not to cancel a tour. Odyssey Tours requires a minimum of 6 (six) persons participating in any escorted tour. If this minimum number of persons is not reached 30 (thirty) days prior to tour departure, Odyssey Tours will inform the participants 29 (twenty nine) days prior to departure and offer the following alternatives:
- Odyssey will offer to operate the tour if all customers agree to a supplemental charge due to the low number of tour members. If customers do not accept to pay the supplement cost then the tour will be cancelled and Odyssey will refund all payments. Odyssey of course is not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by the tour participant due to the cancellation of tour due to lack of participants.
- Costumers have the right to ask from Odyssey to run the tour as private with full services (guide & escort/support vehicle etc.) if this is possible. Of course additional cost will rise from changing a schedule tour to private.
- Customers may choose to take a substitute package of equivalent or higher price where Odyssey Tours is able to offer him such a substitute. If the replacement package offered is of higher price, costumer should pay the difference in price to Odyssey Tours. If the replacement package offered is of lower price, Odyssey Tours will refund the difference in price to the consumer.
- Customers can choose to be paid back as soon as possible all sums paid by them under the contract. This will cancel the contract between the consumer and Odyssey Tours.
Odyssey Tours is not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by the tour participant due to Odyssey Tours cancellation of tour. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of pre-paid airline tickets, hotel reservations and automobile rentals.
Odyssey Tours may have to change tours itineraries chosen hotels, guides, and other travel arrangements due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of Odyssey Tours. In that case, Odyssey tours do not assume responsibility or liability for any resulting losses, expenses or inconvenience.
Once the tour commences, Odyssey tours is not required to make refunds, regardless of the reason for participants being unable to complete the tour.
Odyssey Tours will provide sufficient evidence of security for the refund of money paid over and for the repatriation of the consumer in the event of insolvency.
Odyssey Tours has a Tour Operator Insurance and bank guarantee as stated by the Greek lows, and therefore Odyssey Tours is in position to provide to each consumer proof that her/his money is ensured, upon request.
Odyssey Tours offers Travel insurance included in the tour price for its customers covering:
- Medical assistance / expenses in the event of accident or illness.
- Baggage cover
- Personal accident
Odyssey Tours insurance is valid from time of arrival (start of Odyssey Tours services) to the time of departure (end of Odyssey Tours services), as described in the contract.
Odyssey Tours will send the Terms of insurance to the customers, if requested.
It is strongly advised by Odyssey Tours that each consumer contracts with his/her selected insurance company for a tour cancellation insurance/
For rental motorcycle insurance, please read the rental motorcycles section.
Costumers coming with their personal motorcycle will be covered by for travel insurance during the tour, but Odyssey Tours will not provide any insurance, nor is Odyssey Tours liable to any damage occurring to the consumer’s motorcycle.
Odyssey tours has to confirm in written any changes in order to be valid. In different case any verbal change is invalid.
Included in the price
All items or activities noted in the tour price details page and described in details in the contract
Not included in the price
Any item or activity not listed in the tour price details page and also all items of personal expenses.
Odyssey Tours will not provide any kind of equipment. Customers should bring their own riding gear. Helmet is mandatory equipment in order to participate in a tour.
Hotel room allocation
Odyssey Tours will always try to allocate rooms as requested by customers.
We use those simple rules for hotel room allocation:
- Customers that have not selected a single room upgrade will share a double / twin room.
- Customers booking together (couples, friends, etc) and request sharing a room, will stay together.
- All other customers will be allocated by Odyssey Tours, based on sex, language and age in twin rooms.
In the rare case that a selected hotel may not have enough twin rooms, a client could be allocated with a tour escort or at a single room, after Odyssey Tours’ decision. An up charge will not be applied in such a case.
As availability for single rooms is limited, Odyssey tours cannot guarantee availability of single rooms for all customers, and customers will be served on a first come, first served basis.
For custom tours, Odyssey Tours will try to allocate all customers as required by them. In the case this is not possible; any change has to be approved by the customer.
Odyssey Tours schedules all the tours to make sure the weather conditions will be as good as possible to enjoy a safe and nice tour. But tours pass through some weather changing areas. Odyssey Tours cannot at any time be made liable for unpleasant and unsuitable weather conditions and thus no refunds will be made for such conditions.
Odyssey Tours guides will explain to each costumer what traffic laws are in application on the tour.
Odyssey Tours is not responsible and therefore not liable for any fine incurring to a costumer riding against those laws.
Odyssey Tours will provide name and address of the costumer, caught on camera with an Odyssey Tour motorcycle if requested by the police, for any traffic violation incurred during the tour.
Odyssey Tours can cancel at any time the contract with a costumer that is riding against the laws and will secure the motorcycle if rented from Odyssey Tours.
Odyssey Tours will produce during the tours photo and videos liable to be used on the brochures, web site and communication materials.
Odyssey Tours owns all copyrights for those materials and can use them for any communication, advertising, and marketing activity.
Costumers who can be recognized cannot charge Odyssey Tours for using those materials. It is thus legal for individuals to inform Odyssey Tours that her/his face should not be seen.
Odyssey Tours does not own the rental motorcycles used in the tours, but provides them in cooperation with one of the most reputable and reliable motorcycle rental company in Europe, located in Germany.
The name and details of the company are of course available to our booking clients, along with the detailed terms and conditions of the rental.
In summary, the motorcycle rental includes:
- Up to 300km / day
- Two side panniers
- Comprehensive plus partial coverage insurance
- Excess in case of an accident of EUR 2000 (or EUR 3000 for some premium bikes )
Printing errors and Calculation Mistakes
Odyssey Tours reserves the right to correct typing, calculation error at any time